About The Forum
The Global Methane Forum is a premier global event that brings together policy-makers, industry leaders, technical experts, and researchers from around the world to discuss opportunities to address methane emissions while advancing the recovery and use of methane as a clean energy source. The theme for this year’s Forum is Taking Action for Sustainable Energy and a Clean Environment.
The Global Methane Forum 2020 provides a unique opportunity for participants to access:
- High-level plenary sessions on cross-cutting issues under the theme of “A Call to Action”
- Presentations about proven, innovative methane mitigation techniques and productive uses of recovered methane
- Technical sessions on biogas (agricultural sources, municipal solid waste, municipal wastewater systems), coal mines, and oil and natural gas systems
- GMI Subcommittee level discussions on policy and projects
- Meetings of the UNECE Group of Experts on Coal Mine Methane and Group of Experts on Gas
- Opportunities for networking with methane experts in the public and private sectors from around the world
- A recognition celebration for participants in the Global Methane Challenge
Join the Global Methane Challenge
Join the Global Methane Challenge and showcase your work to reduce methane emissions. The Global Methane Challenge is open to all public and private-sector organizations. Learn more.