- Coal Mines
- Geographical Focus
- Pingdingshan Mining Area, Henan Province
- Description of Project
- The Pingdingshan Coal Company wishes to extract, recover, and use CMM that is currently vented to the atmosphere, by employing the latest gob borehole technology at the Pingdingshan No. 8 mine. Eventually, the company will install 7 MW of power generation equipment.
- Partner Countries included in or proposing this activity
- Instrumental Organizations
- China Coal Information Institute (CCII)
- Estimated lifetime of the project (years):
- Emissions reductions:
- 200,000 MTCO2E per year
- Results and Outcomes
- This project will ultimately result in methane emissions reductions by capturing and using otherwise wasted CMM from the No. 8 Pingdingshan coal mine.
- Additional Documentation
- Coal_CH_Pingdingshan-Gobwell_poster.pdf (PDF)
Pingdingshan No. 8 Gobwell Expo Poster.pdf (PDF)
- Primary contact for this project or activity
First Name: Liu
Last Name: Wenge
Organization Name: CCII
- Financial And In-Kind Support (U.S. $)
- Total Amount provided by all Partner Countries and Organizations instrumental to this project or activity:
Description of In-Kind Support:
- This project was featured at the Methane to Markets Partnership Expo in Beijing, China, held 30 October to 1 November 2007.